Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Do you prefer render or cladding over brick?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Do you prefer render or cladding over brick?

Before starting work on the renovation of a typical 1980s suburban Australian home, the Make It Happen team had a tough choice with what to do with the exterior. 

So a poll was conducted asking Australians what they would do with the home's facade. 

Personally, I love brick homes and would always recommend people consider keeping brick exposed. But I understand not all bricks are aesthetically pleasing, and red brick in particular is not popular these days.  

Today I'm keen to hear whether you prefer render or cladding.

What would you do with the facade of this home?

You'll be able to find out what choices the Make It Happen team made when the new series kicks off on March 2.

Jason   

FrontFacade.jpeg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
lifestylebymari
Making a Splash

Re: Do you prefer render or cladding over brick?

Thanks for the tag @Jason 

This is a great question. Many houses around that time and even todays houses red brick can be seen for many reason including to this type of brick being a great budget friendly option. 

I think exposed brick can look great when mixed with other elements like a dark render, for a more industrial, modern house. But since the vibe in this home will be Australian I would say a mix between cladding and painting the brick would look amazing.

Mariana :smile: 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects