Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove aluminium window surrounds?

mrsrobbo2610
Growing in Experience

How to remove aluminium window surrounds?

Hi Workshop community,

I was wondering if anyone may be able to help me with a way to get off the Aluminium Window surrounds. I have had the local window place around but they could not figure it (not sure how that works). They are usually pot riveted on, but the windows on the front and side of our house are not. I have taken out screws that I thought were holding them on, but they still do not come off. We are recladding our house in colorbond and having these removed would make this job 100 times easier.

Just thought some brains may be able to help or give some ideas.

Thanks20210501_160353.jpg20210714_110615.jpg

(This is our first home reno)

Re: How to remove aluminium window surrounds?

I'm pleased to hear you've successfully removed the window frames @mrsrobbo2610. Many thanks for the update.

It looks like the rest of your renovation project is progressing well; how exciting!

Please let us know anytime you need assistance with a project around the home or garden. We're here to help.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: How to remove aluminium window surrounds?

Progressing very well. :smile:

2 more sheets to hang on the front and then start the other side. we are working our way around the house doing a side at a time.

Dog boards and flashing will go on when we have completed each side. Still have the gutters to do, need to finish stripping the old paint.

20220116_185151.jpg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects