Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove thick paint deposits after painting?

Mark270481
Growing in Experience

How to remove thick paint deposits after painting?

Novice painter here,used Tauberman ultimate enamel paint to repaint my architraves and door frames however I found that there were these thick deposits of paint on the edge once the paint dried …this is also not on all the edges just some of them ..how do I get this off ? 
Tried sanding but it seemed to make it worse ..any advice /suggestions would be highly appreciated 

IMG_2646.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to remove thick paint deposits after painting?

Was that using the Ozito sanding sheets or another brand @Mark270481? The expectation would be that the Ozito sanding sheets would require significant force to remove them from the base and that most of the dust would be collected. Provided you were using the Ozito sheets and not aftermarket ones that potentially had an incompatible hook-and-loop system and different cutouts that obscured the suction holes, I'd be keen to provide your feedback to Ozito. We expect that the product should perform well for its designed purpose, but it sounds like you've had a frustrating time, and I apologise for that.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

It was using proper genuine Ozito Sanding sheets and base …I faced the issue with the stock base and sanding sheets …thinking the base had gone bust I went out and bought a new base and that also did not hold onto the sheet for more than a few minutes …really bad product and yes was frustrating as I lost a couple hours of work having to go back and replace it 

I'll pass that feedback on to Ozito @Mark270481

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects