Workshop
Start a discussion

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Introduce yourself to the community

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Introduction : Bill

Welcome to Workshop @Bill and many thanks for introducing yourself. It's great to have you join us.

Workshop is a community for all D.I.Y. and gardening enthusiasts, so we welcome discussion on a wide range of topics. You received an invite as a valued Bunnings customer. 

I'm looking forward to reading more about your projects and plans. It sounds like you have some great experience and skills you can share with the community. I hope you also find plenty of great ideas and inspiration from Workshop members.

Thanks again for joining,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Introduce yourself to the community

Hi Gordon (@flash)

Many thanks for introducing yourself and for joining the community. It's great to have you as a Workshop member. 

I see from your other post that you are a fitter/welder by trade. I'm sure you have a great deal of knowledge, experience and skill that you can share with the community. I also hope you find plenty of ideas and tips on the site to assist with your projects around the home. I'm looking forward to hearing about some of your projects and plans soon.

All the best,

Jason 

Baretta11
Super Contributor

Foundation no 1.JPGFoundation no 1.JPGHi there,
I'm the newbie on the block!!!
I'm a farmer together with my husband and we decided 9 years ago to build our dream home with the idea of building it entirely ourselves with our own money, so no builder or bank loan, Just hubby with an owner builders permit and me the lackie, gofer ha-ha!
Attached pics show day 1 and second photo taken last spring.
Cheers,
Barbara

flash
Budding Contributor

Thanks for the reply Jason. MY next project you may have gathered is tiling!

I built a 4 room 'flat' inside my shed which was originally going to be just a fibreglass shower/toilet kit project to service my workshop, but I saw the potential for a better setup so continued constructing. I now want to tile the Kitchenette area mainly for the experience because it will involve tiles on the floor and tiles around taps etc. over a sink; something I have never tackled before. Any basic tips would be appreciated. Cheers.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to Workshop Barbara (@Baretta11) and many thanks for introducing yourself. It looks like you have gone through an amazing project. I'm sure all the hard work has been worth it!

I'm looking forward to reading more about your plans and projects. Please post again soon. I'm sure all the Workshop community will be keen to see what you're up to, and to provide some advice and inspiration along the way.

Jason

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi again @flash,

I'd encourage you to start a new discussion on the Interiors board about tiling. I'm sure there will be members of the community happy to share their tips and expertise. 

Jason

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

Wow oh wow!!!
You & hubbie are an amazing team, & you've done something that I've always lusted to do.
Building your own home is the ultimate expression of purposeful achievement, & I'm sure you'll savour how some things fell into place, & the eventual conquering of the inevitable complications.
I tip my hat to you both.
Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

And for something truly revealing about yourself - tell us what you call a barbecued sausage served on a single piece of bread.

We call them Tasmanian Sausages, because they're in-bread. ; )

Apologies any Tasmanians out there, I mean no offence, it was something random that popped into my kaleidoscopic brain many years ago.

Ozmango
New Contributor

Hi All

I'm Hilary andI LOVE doing DIY bits and pieces to my 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom unit. When I moved into my unit 7 or 8 years ago I fitted the laundry out with flatpack cupboards that I put together myself.

The unit has a surprisingly large garden for a unit (L-shaped and hugs the house) and I'm a woeful and very reluctant gardener. My favourite stores are hardware stores and I can spend hours just looking around and coveting.

My little home has become rather cluttered over time so my current mission is to work on interesting and improved ways to store 'stuff' that I can't bring myself to throw out. I am also keen to have a go at using handiblocks to build a small deck - mainly to prove that a 60-something woman can do it.

It's called a snanger of course.
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to Workshop Hilary (@Ozmango). It's great to have you join the community. I hope you find plenty of great ideas and information here. You might like to start with this discussion - Your top storage ideas.

Looking forward to reading more about your projects and plans soon.

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects