Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Is the house foundation sinking and how to fix?

Johnson
Growing in Experience

Is the house foundation sinking and how to fix?

The windows/doors seem to have shifted, making it difficult to open/lock. I also saw crashes on cornice. I wonder if this is a foundation sinking. Any suggestions on what to do, or any recommendable building inspector, are appreciated!

Cheers

Johnson

2821681364905_.pic.jpg2831681364913_.pic_hd.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Is the house foundation sinking and how to fix?

Hello @Johnson 

Thanks for sharing your question about your house foundation. If part of the house has settled in a short period of time, I suggest engaging the services of a structural engineer. They will be able to conduct tests to find out what is causing your house foundation to sink.

Once the tests have been conducted, the engineer will then make recommendations on how to stop and stabilize your house foundation. In the meantime, I suggest leaving the damage as is so that the engineer can see where the break is occuring.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Johnson
Growing in Experience

Thank you very much Eric! Do you happen to know some reliable structural engineers? Or maybe the best way is to google it and check reviews?

Cheers

Johnson

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Johnson,

As we are a community for people right across Australia and New Zealand, it's probably not likely that members can recommend a professional near you. Getting a local recommendation and checking online reviews sounds like the best approach.  

All the best,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects