Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What is this anchor?

Fefe1578
Finding My Feet

What is this anchor?

20230227_161440.jpg

Hi

I would like to know what this is? 

It looks like a clear anchor? It was left there by the previous tenant to have ceiling wall hooks screwed in.

Please see pictures.

Thank you

20230227_161458.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What is this anchor?

Hello @Fefe1578 

You are looking at a light duty plastic anchor. Did you want to use it again or did you want to remove it? If you are planning to re-use it, please keep in mind that the plastic anchor will not be able to carry very heavy loads. However, if you wish to remove it, you'll need to use the flat blade of a craft knife at full extension to cut under the flange. Once you've cut the flange off you can push the body of the anchor into the cavity space of the ceiling and seal the hole with Selleys 180g Spakfilla Rapid Gap Filler.

Please remember to wear personal protection such as gloves and goggles when using the craft knife. Please make sure to have a second set of hands to hold the ladder when working at height.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Eric

Could you send me the link to the product please.

What is the round white thing on top of the anchor? Could you send the product link for that also? It looks like it is based to cover the cracks the anchor can make in the plaster.

Thank you

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Fefe1578 

It could be either of these products, the Ramset 10-12mm Plastic Toggles or the Ramset 8 x 10mm RamToggle. Both these products have flanges to prevent them from passing through ceiling plaster. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects