Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What stain should I use for my Meranti front door?

NathanB13
Just Starting Out

What stain should I use for my Meranti front door?

IMG_2436.jpeg

IMG_2428.jpeg

Today I installed a new front door on my house. I’m unsure where to look in regards to choosing the right stain. Attached is a photo of the new door as well as the floorboards (ignore the puppy) we installed recently because we want to match the grey undertones of the flooring with the new door stain. Any help would be appreciated. TIA.   

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What stain should I use for my Meranti front door?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @NathanB13. It's amazing to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about selecting stains.

Colour selection is a very personal choice, so I don't think it's as easy as someone suggesting a grey stain in Cabot's deck and exterior stain collection. However, there are a number available in that range, such as Hunter Grey, Blackburn, and Lancewood. Aged oak might also be an option if you are just looking to impart a slight grey look to the Meranti. It would likely be best to take your images to your closest store, spend some time checking out the options, and discuss colour selection with one of our in-store paint experts.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects