Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

A colour change to brighten the laundry

GeoffKing
Just Starting Out

A colour change to brighten the laundry

Our old laundry / toilet desperately needed an upgrade, as it was very unappealing.

A trip to Bunnings for some Dulux sample pots, and a search online for a second hand vanity, got the project underway.

We removed the old vanity and painted the walls in a fresh shade of pale green.

Then a trip to Lifeline brought us a new mirror for the wall and a large vase for the floor. A friend donated a black tap she had been sent by mistake.

Our son in law is a plumber. so the toilet got an upgrade too, with a new cistern installed to replace the old plastic version.

After the new vanity was installed, the strategically placed vase hid the pipe work on the wall. 

Total upgrade cost, using mostly recycled products, was less than $200.

We’re very happy with the result.

871E497E-EDB2-4DEE-9504-1041CF3ED07C.jpeg

AB22608E-3D0E-4ACE-94A3-7CDB271909F6.jpeg

291AF605-8EF2-4BA3-9B4D-AA8D34DF898C.jpeg

94E24C0B-0339-43AE-8D69-6262ACBBF478.jpeg

DC56860C-4F7F-4125-8010-FE9DAB2A301F.jpeg

09D7BA1B-E4E7-42DC-8A18-3137E2AF2860.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: A colour change to brighten the laundry

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @GeoffKing. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing this wonderful project.

What a thrifty makeover you've achieved! I adore the colour you've selected. Was pale green the name? 

It's such a delight when you can accomplish a room-changing makeover on a budget. I trust you a just thrilled with the results.

Thanks once again for sharing, and I very much look forward to your next project.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects