Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Bathroom cabinet makeover

jonalissa
Getting Established

Bathroom cabinet makeover

E6738639-5767-4F27-AF0E-B2BC8940C52D.jpeg

840C69BA-3B45-436C-8B8B-50E695730A46.jpeg

Bathroom cabinet refresh using the Dulux Renovation Range. Colour is Ticking #diyjuly

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Bathroom Cabinet Makeover

Hello @jonalissa

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's marvellous to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your bathroom cabinet makeover.

What a beautiful transformation. I always thought that corner vanity units were too ungainly and always looked wrong. But you've certainly changed my mind with this colour choice of Dulux Ticking. Now it looks elegant and adds style to the entire bathroom. 

Again, thank you for sharing your fantastic bathroom cabinet revamp.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Marie_p
Finding My Feet

Re: Bathroom cabinet makeover

Well done, I was looking to find ideas how to revamp the bathroom vanity of our new home in a bathroom stuck in the 80s, you convinced me it is possible to do something about it :laugh: I like the new door knobs too!

Any tips on how to go about the paint job with the Dulux renovation range?
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Marie_p. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about this wonderful project.

Let me mention @jonalissa, so they are alerted to your lovely feedback, and hopefully, they'll have some tips and tricks to share.

Check out this Best Advice article on Do you recommend the Dulux Renovation for painting a kitchen? You'll find heaps of great info and an instructions step-by-step guide for your project.

We look forward to following along, so please keep us updated and reach out if you have questions.

Mitchell

aunt_nette
Finding My Feet

Amazing result!  How did you prep the counter top and doors?  Thanks in advance

Hi @aunt_nette,

Let me mention @jonalissa, so they are alerted to your kind comment and question. 

You'll find a step-by-step instructional guide in our Best Advice article on Do you recommend the Dulux Renovation for painting a kitchen? I'm sure you will find the article helpful as it will take you through the preparation steps involved.

Please let us know if you have further questions.

Mitchell

jonalissa
Getting Established

Thank you! First time doing anything like this so I just followed the instructions to the tee. The videos are great because they show you what products to use too. Good luck! 

Thank you. I just followed the instructions  and the Dulux videos are great because they show you the products too. I scrubbed and scrubbed everything and twice and then used the mould killer and then scrubbed and rinsed again. This bit takes the longest but the most important. I had a couple of spots in the corners where I must not have got to all the grease and you can see it. As it comes through, even with multiple coats to try and paint over just that spot. So take the time to clean. I did the cleaning and primer one afternoon. Then left it for 24 hours and then painted coat 1 then waited another day to paint coat 2.

NanaEvie
Finding My Feet

Hi @jonalissa 

Congrats, great job, looks terrific!  i need to do mine which are a ghastly pink colour in both the ensuite and main bathroom could you pls tell me how hard it was to paint around the Sink?  Thank you  Evie

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @NanaEvie

Let me tag @jonalissa to make them aware of your kind words and question. One way to make the painting around the sink easier is to mask the sink and the corner wall with masking tape. This will let you get as close as possible to the sink and you can get into the very tight corners of the vanity without worrying about paint going everywhere.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects