Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Bathroom renovation ideas wanted

michael_s
Getting Established

Bathroom renovation ideas wanted

Hi all,
I'm looking at updating our bathroom to better suit our new lifestyle (2 kids under 2 so no more spa baths. Haha).
My wife and I would like to:
1. Replace the spa with a frameless shower
2. Update the vanity for a double
3. Put in a new mirror(s) or re-purpose the existing
4. Re-tile walls and floor
5. Fit in a bath tub, if possible

6. Keep plumbing as is as much as possible (but we are flexible depending on pricing)

A few questions on which we would appreciate some input:
1. Is it difficult/expensive to update the plumbing from a single vanity to a double?
2. Can we realistically fit a shower and bath tub in there? Happy to consider mini tubs (it'll be for the kids mainly)
3. Floor to ceiling tiles or is that over the top?
4. What would be a realistic budget? I can do basic things myself (painting, wall tiles, remove old tiles, etc.) but will leave some things to the professionals.

Attached are some photos of our bathroom (pardon the mess) as well as a diagram showing dimensions.

Dimensions.JPG20200409_084732_resized.jpg20200409_084721_resized.jpg20200409_084716_resized.jpg20200409_084706_resized.jpg

Re: Bathroom renovation ideas wanted

Hi @michael_s,

Hope all is well.

Just wondering how your bathroom renovation project is progressing?

Please let us know if you need a hand with anything. We're here to help. We'd also love to see any progress you might have made. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects