Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Bunnings wood cut to custom size?

orps
Getting Established

Bunnings wood cut to custom size?

Can you buy wood panels from bunnings cut to custom size? (for building cabinets/shelves in a bathroom, so ideally a laminate or melamine.... 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: wood panel cut to size

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @jaywes. It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

You'd likely replace the wood panel with a similar board, and vanities are usually constructed from Custompine Melamine. If you take your measurements with you, a helpful team member will cut the panels down to the correct size for you.

Please let us know if you need further assistance with the project or have questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Converter
Finding My Feet

Re: Bunnings wood cut to custom size?

Hi

I need to special order for a timber post 200 x 200 mm 2.4m from Bunnings for small project at home.

Will Bunnings cut the post to my custom lengths in the store for me?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Bunnings wood cut to custom size?

Hi @Converter 

You'll need to speak to a trade team member at the trade desk at your local store regarding the 200mm x 200mm post. The closest I could find was the 200mm x 200mm 3.6m Post F7 Cypress which needs to be specially ordered. I'm sorry but the shop saws are not able to cut timber this size. You are technically able to cut in with a circular saw in combination with a handsaw to reach the centre of the timber post.

But I also recommend speaking to the trade team member and asking if the post can be ordered in custom lengths. 

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects