Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can a vario pan collar seal be replaced with a standard Holman pan collar seal

UbeRod
Just Starting Out

Can a vario pan collar seal be replaced with a standard Holman pan collar seal

I'm trying to replace the pan collar seal on a vario connector and there seems to be a difference between the new seal supplied by Reece and the one I bought from Bunnings.

I cant seem to get the collar to push back on over the seal and stay on.

Should either seal be a suitable replacement or is there a particular seal for the vario collars and secondly is there a requirement to use some sort of type solvent or glue to hold the collar on?IMG_4902.jpegIMG_4904.jpegIMG_4916.jpegIMG_4917.jpeg 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Can a vario pan collar seal be replaced with a standard Holman pan collar seal

Hello @UbeRod

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's a pleasure having you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about replacing the rubber gasket on your pan collar.

The Holman 100mm DWV Rubber Pan Collar is designed to fit the Holman 100mm DWV PVC Standard Pan Collar. You'll notice that the sidewalls of the Vario model are not as thick as the Holman replacement rubber set. One technique that plumbers use is to put baby powder on the rubber set, this lets the plastic locking collar slide over the rubber wall and lock it into place. Please remember not to use excessive force when installing the locking collar to prevent damaging it. 

If that technique fails your other option is to replace the set with a Kinetic 70mm Universal Extended Pan Connector - Vario Bend. Just match the length and cut to the same size before installation. 

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing your pan collar fixed.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects