Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can you paint the shower tiled floor? if so which type of paint would you recommend?

DP
Getting Established

Can you paint the shower tiled floor? if so which type of paint would you recommend?

16499541854654541279018216757676.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Can you paint the shower tiled floor? if so which type of paint would you recommend?

Hello @DP

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about painting your tiled shower base.

The product that works on wall tiles is called Rust-Oleum Tub And Tile Refinishing Kit. However, It is not recommended to be used in areas exposed to extreme heat such as stovetops, or constant high humidity environments such as shower stalls. Don't use in continuous water immersion such as swimming pools, hot tubs, ponds, or saunas.

The options available to you are to clean the floor tiles with Selleys 750g White For Life Tile And Grout Cleaner and re-grout the shower base. The other option is to tile over the existing tile base. The reason I don't recommend removing the shower floor tiles. It will damage the waterproofing seal in your shower. Once it is damaged, the entire shower area must be re-done. This means your wall tiles will need to be removed as well.

I suggest having a look at this featured project -  Painted shower tiles by @Chris _T. This will give you a good idea of what it can look like once the area is painted.

Let me tag our experienced members @stelz, @court_rowe and @Chris_T for their recommendations.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
DP
Getting Established

Re: Can you paint the shower tiled floor? if so which type of paint would you recommend?

Hi Eric

Thank you so much for your help. I will look more into the featured post and your ideas.

Dong

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects