Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can you use Kaboodle laundry cabinetry in a bathroom?

hrpaul
Getting Established

Can you use Kaboodle laundry cabinetry in a bathroom?

Can a kaboodle cabinet be used in a bathroom? I mean is it likely to  swell up due to moisture  over time? I want to use a base cabinet for  my.laundry sink except my laundry is in my bathroom. Would i  be better looking at getting a marine ply  cabinet instead.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: kaboodle for the laundry

Hello @hrpaul 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about Kaboodle cabinetry.

The good news is that Kaboodle cabinets can be used in high moisture areas such as the bathroom. Kaboodle cabinetry is made from moisture resistant boards which make it perfect for kitchen, laundry and bathroom use.

However, if you are using the cabinetry in the bathroom Kaboodle suggest using timber glue for all the joints for that extra level of protection. It sounds like a very interesting project, would it possible for you tell us what your plans are? How big will the vanity be? What kind of cabinets will you use?

If you need a hand with design, please let us know. We'll be more than happy to provide assistance.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
hrpaul
Getting Established

20240127_072911.jpg

Hi

Thankyou fpr prompt reply. Im not using the cabinet as a vanity..its for the laundry sink which is in the bathroom so will get exposed to moisture by default.

When you say use wood glue for all the joints, what exactlyvdoea that mean? Every end surface needs to be coated in glue?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @hrpaul 

Thanks for the clarification, yes, that is correct, any end surface that meets up with another panel needs to be coated in glue. However, sealed end surfaces or surfaces with melamine over it do not need to be glued up.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects