Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can you use spray guns with tile and laminate paint?

mafelix76
Just Starting Out

Can you use spray guns with tile and laminate paint?

Can you use spray guns  like the Wagner FLEXIO 590 with tile and laminate paints such as white Knight and the Dulux Renovation tile/benchtop/cabinet/floor range?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Tile/Benchtop/Floor/Cabinet Laminate Paints and Spray Guns

Hello @mafelix76

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fabulous to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about spray painting.

I've just been in contact with the Dulux technical centre and they've informed me that yes, you can use the Flexio 590 to spray both primer and the paint itself. However, please note that the primer can only be diluted up to 10% and the topcoat must not be diluted at all. As for the floor paints, I recommend using a roller as you will get better adhesion when pressure and contact are applied to the floor surface.

One other important tip that I would like to mention is that although spray painting gives you an amazing professional finish, it does tend to use more paint in the process. Whereas using a roller is more economical as all of the paint is used on the surface of the cabinet door. 

Here is a handy step-by-step guide: How to paint laminate kitchen cabinets

The steps lined out in the guide are still essential of course except for the part where they use a roller, you'll be using your sprayer.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects