Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Cosmetic bathroom makeover

mandamc
Finding My Feet

Cosmetic bathroom makeover

C70F0190-6708-48E3-A7F9-DB9278FF55EC.jpeg

Amazing hack for the benchtops - Granite spray can paint + timber floor epoxy!

84A505A5-8E4C-40B0-8A51-1B0059157333.jpeg

Sample size black stain + grey primer spray paint - both applied to a rag then wiped on “hit and miss”.

F9E127C4-9E6D-4CBD-B3FD-67BE486E842D.jpeg

 ssshhhhh! Stick on tiles and flooring (I know right? - but surprised me too!) 

BC307ABE-9F98-4CD1-9D59-8839763B405E.jpeg

 The end result! And of course the befores!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Cosmetic Bathroom Makeover

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @mandamc. It's amazing to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing this inspirational project.

You've achieved an amazing result on a minimal budget, and I trust many of our members would like to do the same. It would be great to hear more details, especially on your hack with granite spray paint and timber floor epoxy.

Many thanks for sharing. We look forward to seeing your other projects around the house and garden.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Cosmetic bathroom makeover

Hello @mandamc 

That is an impressive make over. I am very interested in how you finished the vanity top. Did you spray it with a clear coating on top or did you use a paint on product? How did you achieve that effect on your doors and is it sealed as well? Any tips you can pass on for sure will be appreciated by our members here on workshop and thank you for sharing your diy project. 

Cheers, 

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Hi!

The bench top - First I sprayed with a granite effect spray paint. Once dry I mixed the two parts of the Feast Watson Glass Finish kit and poured it on the bench top, basically letting it self level and run over the front edge - it can be messy and masks and lots of ventilation required but well worth it, I think anyway!

I roughly sanded back the doors and then used black stain and grey primer spray paint. I used a rag to sparingly apply the stain by wiping over different parts of the door rather than the whole door. I then used grey primer spray paint sprayed onto a rag and wiped roughly over the door. Any areas that I felt had either too much stain or paint I lightly hand sanded with a very fine sandpaper. I then sealed with Matt clear Duramax wax finish spray paint.

Hello @mandamc 

Thank so much for sharing your diy process. It is really surprising the effects that you can get with a combination of materials. Those stick on tile floors for me was the best transformation hack. It really changed the appearance of the room. Your process for transforming your vanity top for sure will inspire a lot of our members who may be thinking of rejuvenating or jazzing up their vanities without having to replace the whole thing! Thank you so much for sharing your diy journey and if we in return can answer any question or help in your next project please give us a shout here on workshop. 

Cheers 

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects