Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Did anyone convert a closet between 2 bedrooms into an en suite and have pictures?

JP9
Finding My Feet

Did anyone convert a closet between 2 bedrooms into an en suite and have pictures?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Did anyone convert a closet between 2 bedrooms into an en suite and have pictures?

I take it that's what you want to do at your place @JP9? If that's the case, I would encourage you to share some photos of your house and the floor plan so members can see what you are working with and suggest the best way to tackle the project. If you're lucky, wonderful members like @redracer01 or @MitchellMc might even create some 3D renders for you to visualise what your ensuite could look like. 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We're really pleased to have you join us and look forward to reading about all your projects and plans. We're sure you will get plenty of helpful information, advice and inspiration from our amazing community members so please don't hesitate to post anytime you have something to share with the community or need a hand with a project around the house and garden. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
JP9
Finding My Feet

Re: Did anyone convert a closet between 2 bedrooms into an en suite and have pictures?

Thank you Jason

So grateful to have such a positive response from you. 
here are some pics...

534CB869-4FA4-4629-8076-ABB81407467C.jpeg

17BBB2B7-2B46-43C2-A468-6F1D18944E27.jpeg

E37003EF-666B-4707-96AD-91D9A726361D.jpeg

4F2FBB94-F34F-4E5C-BBD2-FC568B919F13.jpeg

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello @JP9 

The minimum allowable size for a toilet is usually 1 meter wide by 2 meters in length. A wardrobe is not that big. Walls may need to be moved and plumbing connections will need to be considered in the initial stage of planning. Should these issues be addressed I see no reason why you can't have an en-suite in that particular area.

Red   

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Thanks. 
Yes, I will have to move the wall from the one bedroom. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @JP9,

It's great to see @redracer01 has been able to assist. Was this en suite to be accessed by both rooms or just one, if it was just one which one? What's the current measurement of the closet? If you were to move the wall out to inline with the window in bedroom 2, then you might have enough space. If it came down to centimetres, you might like to consider a toilet/sink combo.

Mitchell

JP9
Finding My Feet

Hi M

It will eat into the downstairs bedroom, the one below the master bedroom upstairs. 

this bulge of the room cupboard and the dressing thing in the adjacent room is about  2m. Can be seen in the picture. 

image.jpg

JP9
Finding My Feet

Okay, so I came across this set up.... and I love it. Doesn’t look like it needs the initial space that I thought it would take. 
Does bunnings have colour basins? 

15899A46-36EE-4A45-B132-A29E5E0E129A.png

6E532CF3-AF6B-4A39-8E80-7AC664E9EFD4.png

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

@JP9,

You might like to check out our Cibo range of coloured bathroom basins. The closest I have found colour-wise is the Cibo Design Pale Pink Round Thin Edge Ceramic Basin

Mitchell

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello @JP9 

Looking at the layout of the bathroom the designers have made some very well hidden choices that make it look roomy. The toilet is a floor standing unit with an in-wall cistern presenting a much shorter profile. It will however require specialized mounting and fitting. They maximized the vanity space by placing a corner unit instead of a straight unit. The corner type vanity is not currently available at Bunnings but it is still possible to acquire this in the open market. Perhaps its is the way the photo was taken but the color I see is almond ivory. To make the room look even bigger I suggest plain white and perhaps a neutral colored wall. The tiles they used on the floor is meant to be confusing as it breaks up the view. The door has been mounted as such that it opens out instead of in, providing maximum walk in space. The only issue i see with the current set up is that when a tall person is sitting on the toilet their left knee is in contact with the door of the vanity. Perhaps a straight narrow vanity would be more preferable. Good luck and stay safe!

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects