Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

From demolition to blank canvas

Anthe
Getting Established

From demolition to blank canvas

Hi everyone, after two weeks of bathroom shower and laundry area renovations I have a blank slate. In other mentions I showed you the how I originally wanted just a new shower reno, then I’d progress. Well the damage to pipes and drains unknown to me required the entire area demolished all pipes replaced and tonnes of concrete and waterproofing. Yikes!!!! My immediate concern is not putting my washing machine on the tiles, getting a cheapo vanity ($200) while I save for wood counter and shelves. I have Dulux Lexicon Quarter to paint walls and trying to figure out how to cover that water thing. Small jobs while I’m studying...oh and a sliding door from Bunnos!

1.jpeg

 problem with vanity area depth and the wall between toilet I didn’t see. 23mm. Wall to created shower wall 100mm.

2.jpeg

 cover the electric water system?

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

 Glass going in soon

5.jpeg

 shocking!

6.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: From Demo to Blank Canvas

Hi @Anthe,

Many thanks for sharing the update on your project. It looks like you have made some significant progress in the last couple of weeks and are well on your way to creating a fantastic bathroom space.

It would certainly add to the appeal of the room if you were able to cover up the hot water heater. Let me mention @prettyliving and @Tara86 to see if they can think of any nifty ways to disguise the heater. 

We look forward to seeing the next instalment of your project and can't wait until your bathroom is complete.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects