Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How can I fix my Laundry!?

melaniet
Finding My Feet

How can I fix my Laundry!?

Looking for some DIY help! I'm wanting to redo my laundry. Ideally I would move the dryer above the washer to be able to include some storage. 
Does anyone have any ideas that would enable me to utilise the space best (without having to move plumbing?). 
Thank you in advance! 

Laudry1.jpg

Laundry2.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How can I fix my Laundry!?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @melaniet. Many thanks for your question, I'd be happy to assist.

You might be interested in taking a look at this recent and fantastic project by @Fishvince Laundry-makeover. There are several elements to their project which would work well with yours.

If you removed the larger tub you could install a smaller shallow bowl in a Specrite benchtop with a Kaboodle base cabinet underneath for storage. You could recess your washer inside another cabinet like Fishvince did or just continue the bench across the top of it. The dryer can then be moved above the washer and its previous position filled with another wall mount cabinet. If you employed the same idea of running the inlet hose for the washing machine through the benchtop then there would be no need to move the plumbing.

You would end up with a small amount of usable bench space, the dryer above the washer and cabinets as well.

Let me also tag the helpful @redracer01 to see if he could offer any other approaches.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello @melaniet 

Here are some possible configurations. No plumbing will be moved. The dryer has to be moved to the right just above the power point. Have a look tell us what you think. Good luck and be safe.

Cheers,

Red

melanieT1.jpgmelanieT2.jpgmelanieT3.jpgmelanieT4.jpgmelanieT5.jpgmelanieT6.jpg

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Oh my goodness! You are incredible. I was browsing the bunnings website today and looking at the smaller troughs/sinks to allow for more space. 
Thank you so much for the time you've taken to reply. Now to just find a handyman to help me! 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects