Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do you attach the laminate strip for a marquee bench top?

gailfuller
Just Starting Out

How do you attach the laminate strip for a marquee bench top?

how do you attach the laminate strip for a marquee bench top, is it ironed on?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How do you attach the laminate strip for a marquee bench top?

Hi @gailfuller,

A very warm welcome to the Workshop community. We're really pleased to have you join us and look forward to reading all about your projects and plans. We have a really clever and creative community sharing helpful advice and project inspiration every day, so I'm sure you'll get lots of value and assistance from joining us. 

Is this part of a bathroom renovation? Let me tag @MitchellMc so he can kick off the discussion for you. 

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do you attach the laminate strip for a marquee bench top?

Welcome @gailfuller.

It's fantastic to have you join the Workshop community. Thanks for your question. I'd be happy to help.

The edging strip for a Marquee laminate bench top is applied using an iron. The process is to set the iron to 3/4 of the maximum heat, usually labelled "Wool". Then line the strip up on the exposed edging. Start at one end with the iron applying an even pressure the full length of the strip to the other end.

Please be advised not to let the iron sit in one position for any amount of time. Once the edging has been applied to the bench top, repeat the process with slightly more pressure to bed the glue in.

You may also find these instructional videos of assistance with your project: How to Cut Laminate Benchtops and How to Install a Laminate Benchtop.

Many thanks again for your question and we look forward to seeing your project progress. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to let me know.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects