Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix dropped undermount ceramic basin?

hshiraishi
Finding My Feet

How to fix dropped undermount ceramic basin?

Hi, we have a defective ceramic basin dropped from the stone benchtop wihtin the drawer. The building is just 2.5 years old.

Could we re-glue ourselves, if so, what type of glue or silicon do we need to purchase? Do we need the kind of car jack stand things to make the basin in correct position until glue works?

Or if we'd better ask a professional trade person, would he/ she be a stone maison or a plumber??

Please advise.

The right hand side is dropping and I located the bottle underneath to prevent more damages.IMG_6459.jpgIMG_6460.jpgIMG_6461.jpgIMG_6462.jpgIMG_6463.jpgIMG_6464.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Dropped undermount ceramic basin

Hello @hshiraishi 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your basin.

I suggest engaging the services of a builder who specializes in kitchen and bathroom renovations. They will have the knowledge and experience to re-attach your basin to your stone top. Yes, an adhesive will be used to rejoin the portions together, but the builder will use non-destructive methods to compress the parts together.

It's possible that they might use ratchet straps or compression clamps in combination with timber spacers. It all depends on what the situation calls for, and the builder will make that determination once they've examined the damage. 

In the meantime, I suggest informing the rest of the household not to use the basin as it could further aggravate the damage.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Dropped undermount ceramic basin

Thank you Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects