Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to improve water pressure on cold water tap?

Tafa
Just Starting Out

How to improve water pressure on cold water tap?

My kitchen sink tap cold water doesn’t have much pressure but hot is running fine. Any idea of what may have been the problem please.

Thank you

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to improve water pressure on cold water tap?

Hi @Tafa,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community and thanks for joining in the discussion. Apologies for the slow reply. 

Let me tag some helpful members with plumbing experience for you: @JDE@LePallet and @EricL. Hopefully they can share some things to try before you call a plumber. 

Please let me know if you ever need assistance getting the most from the Workshop site. We're here to help.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to improve water pressure on cold water tap?

Hello @Tafa

Thank you for sharing your question about low water pressure on your cold tap.

I suggest doing some investigation. Is the cold pressure in the bathroom, laundry, and shower strong? If it is then we can safely conclude that it is a localized problem with your kitchen tap. However, if the pressure is just as low in the rest of the house, then it is likely to be somewhere outside with the mains water coming in. 

I suggest trying this method. Look under your kitchen sink and see if you have a braided steel hose going to the sink tap. If you have a Flexihose Connector under your sink, see if it is failing or has been kinked. If the Flexihose Connector looks good, it could be the tap itself. Trying to repair the kitchen tap is involved. It could be the hose, it could be the cartridge, it could be something internal that we can't see. If you have an extra mixer tap in the house, you could use this to test the water pressure at the sink. 

However, if the tap is still under warranty I suggest making a claim and exchange it for a new one. This will eliminate one of the possible causes. If the water pressure is still weak then we can then consider that the issue is further down the line before it reaches the sink. I recommend getting a new kitchen tap if your current one is more than ten years old. Please keep us updated, we look forward to seeing your kitchen tap repaired.

If you need more advice or information, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects