Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install a single panel frameless shower screen on unlevel floor

ArashM
Growing in Experience

How to install a single panel frameless shower screen on unlevel floor

IMG_20201127_000532.jpg

Hi all,

I would like to install a single panel frameless shower screen for my newly finished curbless shower floor. The shower floor has a fall to the shower drain. The screen is meant to install just outside of that fall but I have a problem. The rest of the bathroom floor which i haven't touched has a fall towards the bathroom drain located about 80-90cm from the wall where screens will be installed on. So, that has created a situation just like the image where due to the fall on bathroom floor, there will be a gap under shower screen since screen is 90 deg cut. 

I don't want to go and pay a $1000 for a custom made screen to match the bathroom slope.

At the free end of the screen, the gap to the floor would be around 1-1.5 cm

How can I rectify this so I can install the screen properly? The screen uses 2 wall mount brackets and 1 floor mount brackets.

Any ideas, advice and suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you,

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to install a single panel frameless shower screen on unlevel floor

Hi @ArashM,

If this was one of our products I would be happy to contact the manufacturer to ascertain is a fall of between 1-1.5cm is within the limitations of this shower screen. My main concern would be if the feet need to have the panel placed on top of them or if they are capable of holding the panel that high in the air. If the feet are able to function as such then there is a range of sealing strips which can be used to stop water splash under panels.

We look forward to hearing more details on the product you are using and offering a solution to your issue.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
ArashM
Growing in Experience

Hi @MitchellMc ,

I'm thinking of two possible solutions to this issue.

One is to grind down the floor level only where the shower screen sits and slowly slope it out to transition smoothly to rest of floor. This might not look pretty though but since the high point is at the wall where vanity sits on tops of, the bad looking transition won't be visible (vanity and glass are next to one another with no gap)

Second option is to get a U channel screw it to tiles and fill it up with mortar or tile glue in a slope to make the inside of channel level, then put the glass screen in it and silicon it.

What do you think?

Cheers

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

@ArashM,

I believe both of those suggestions would work but I'm not sure if they are perfect solutions. Does the manufacturer of the shower screen have any thoughts on how this issue could be resolved?

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects