Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to mount a Dryer to the wall with only one stud?

peart15
Just Starting Out

How to mount a Dryer to the wall with only one stud?

I am trying to mount my dryer to the wall in my laundry but the only stud I can find seems to be pretty centred to the space available. 

How do I mount this securely in this space? 

PXL_20220129_025418086.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to mount a Dryer to the wall with only one stud?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @peart15. It's tremendous to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about mounting a dryer.

You're going to need to establish at least two secure mounting points. Have you got yourself a stud finder? You'll need to go over the whole wall and locate any solid timber there. You might find something close to the window, next to the cupboard or at the top of the wall. If you can find some more timber, we could try and work out how to affix some type of bridging timber between them to give you two central mounting points. 

If you're successful, please indicate on your image where the timber is that you've found, and I trust our knowledgeable members will have some solutions for you.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Usedbloom
Having an Impact

like what @MitchellMc has said, try to find as many studs along that space. There will likely be something close to the door/window on your left and the cupboard (that cupboard would be attached to something). I too had the same problem (plus I have a steel frame home which makes it more difficult to find studs!) and ended up attaching an external piece of timber between 2 studs and a horizontal support then attaching the dryer to this. 

image.jpg

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Usedbloom. It's sensational to have you join us and many thanks for contributing to the conversation.

What you've shown is exactly what I'm hoping for. If we can firmly attach a bridging piece of timber, even off-center between studs, that will give us a solid mounting point for the dryer.

You sound like a real problem solver and I trust our members will appreciate you contributing your knowledge to the community. We can't wait to hear all about your projects and plans around the house and garden and encourage you to let us know anytime you need assistance or have something to share.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects