Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to prepare a bathroom door frame for painting?

JakeP88
Finding My Feet

How to prepare a bathroom door frame for painting?

Hi

I’ve started to sand down my bathroom door frame in preparation for painting. It seems there may of been some plaster on the door frame when it got tiled. It’s all come off and looks a bit nasty. 

Any idea on best way to fix this? 

image.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to prepare a bathroom door frame for painting?

Hello @JakeP88

Thank you for sharing your question about how to prepare a bathroom door frame for painting.

I recommend continuing sanding until you have a nice finish on your frame. Once you've removed all the old plaster on the frame and you feel that there are uneven areas between the paint and your frame, I suggest using Earl's 600g White MulTfill Ready To Use Filler to fill the gap. Use the Pro Renovator 38mm Plastic Scraper to evenly spread the filler. Please give the filler enough time to cure before giving it one final pass with your sandpaper.

Once you've finished sanding make sure to clean the area with a vacuum cleaner and to give the door frame a wipe down with a clean cloth. Mask off the areas that need protection using masking tape. Once all the preparation has been done you can now proceed to paint.

Here is a link to a handy step-by-step guide: How to paint

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects