Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to prevent further corrosion on shower screen?

Pangol
Finding My Feet

How to prevent further corrosion on shower screen?

Hi 

As you see in the attached photo the shower screen has started corrosions. Is there anyway to prevent it? 

Thanks

IMG_6038.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to prevent further corrosion on shower screen?

Hi @Pangol,

I recommend starting by thoroughly cleaning the area with 30 Seconds 1L Shower Cleaner, rinsing it off with fresh water then allowing the area to dry. You can then sand the area of trim where the paint has come away with 120grit sandpaper. Lightly sand all surrounding trim surfaces as well. Once all the loose and flakey paint has been removed, you should cover the glass and tiles with painter's tape and spray the metal trim pieces with Dulux 300g Metalshield Epoxy Enamel Gloss Spray Paint White. As there might be a colour difference between the new paint and the existing white paint, you could give the whole frame a light sanding and spray it at the same time.

As a temporary fix, you could clean the area well and apply the paint with a brush as a touch-up solution. Spray some white paint into the cap and use a fine brush to fill in the corroded section.

Please let me know if you need further assistance or have questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: How to prevent further corrosion on shower screen?

Hi Mitchell,

Thanks for your advice. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects