Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to regrout bathroom shower tile?

RB
Getting Established

How to regrout bathroom shower tile?

Hi,

We have a gap in our grouting in our shower, just wondering what is the best solution to re gout & waterproof these tiles.

gap is just above bottom tilegap is just above bottom tilenormal tile with no gapnormal tile with no gap

Thankyou

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to re grout/over grout bathroom shower tile

Hello @RB

I recommend re-grouting the whole shower. This will give you a nice uniform finish and your shower will have that brand new look. I will stay with my original recommendation of using the Davco 1.5kg White Sanitized Colourgrout. It can do both partial repairs and full wall re-grouting. 

If your grout is starting to fail in sections, it is usually an indicator that the rest of the grout is also starting to fail. I suggest removing all of old gout and give the grout lines a good clean before applying the new one. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi @MitchellMc  I am looking for helpful information too about the same thing. 😃

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @mich1972

Any chance you can post a photo of the grout in your bathroom? Please make sure to post photos of the damaged sections. This will give us a chance to assess the condition of the grout. We can then make recommendations if it needs to be repaired or replaced.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects