Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove shower rail?

april3
Finding My Feet

How to remove shower rail?

Hi can anyone tell me how to remove this bar? As you can see we need to replace the shower head and soap holder. I tried to take the top cap off Incase I can access any sort of screws but it doesn’t seem to budge, help please 

image.jpg

image.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how to remove shower bar

Hello @april3 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your shower bar. 

This particular model has the fixings cleverly hidden at the top and bottom fixings. The top housing is actually the cover, I suggest holding on to the top of the shower bar wall connection and sliding it outwards. Please note that it could be clipped in tightly, so hold firmly and pull.

I've placed an image below to give you an idea in which direction the cover cap is supposed to go. Repeat the same method for the bottom of the shower bar. Once you have the covers off, you'll easily see the screw fixings. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

You’re amazing! It worked and I have managed to change this after 2 years of putting it off because I didn’t know how to take it off haha thank you so much! The best workshop! 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @april3 

That is fantastic news! I'm glad you managed to remove and replace your shower bar. If the opportunity presents itself, can I please ask you for a photo of the new shower bar that you've installed. I'm sure our members will be keen to see the new set-up.

If you need assistance with any other projects, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects