Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace glass shower seals?

Kvic
Having an Impact

How to replace glass shower seals?

As I am refreshing the bathroom I have noticed the shower glass seals seem a bit grubby and I want to know if I could pull apart the shower screen to replace the seals or are they hard to do or should I just replace the screen?

Grubby bottom sealGrubby bottom sealAnother  Grubby sealAnother Grubby sealGlass showerGlass shower

Also I have holes on top of the shower frame that are exposed, should I fill these ?

Top RailTop RailAnother top railAnother top rail

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to replace glass shower seals?

Hello @Kvic

The rubber inserts in your shower panels are custom fit and must not be removed. It requires a glazier with custom tools to replace the shower seal on your shower glass panels. I suggest using Selleys 750ml Rapid Mould Killer Remover to try and remove the moss and mould on the seal in combination with an old toothbrush. If it does not clean it off, I propose putting a very thin bead of Selleys 480g White 3-in-1 Silicone Sealant on top of the sealer to give it a nice cosmetic finish. As for the top of the rail, I recommend leaving this part alone as it does not need to be sealed.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects