Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace this shower head?

C-co
Just Starting Out

How to replace this shower head?

Hi all

I want to replace my old shower head.

I try to contact to plumber, however no one work like this small job at the moment.

if possible, I wonder I can install the new shower head by myself?

Current our shower is Felton wallset one.

I would want to install center shower head like bottom’s photo.

please advise me, it’s easy to install or required plumbers?

if possible by myself, I wonder need buy some extra parts?

Thank you for your helping.

Regards,

Co-co

F98A0CDC-8098-4385-AEE4-024643549E07.jpeg

233B1B9E-64BC-4404-8ACB-F042161F4B33.jpeg

17901B7E-D4AE-4504-AB9D-344CF6D4C283.png

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to replace this shower head?

Hello @C-co

Thank you for sharing your question about replacing your shower head. The Feltonmix shower wall set is specifically built for uneven or low-pressure systems. One way to find out is to have a look at your hot water cylinder, you'll see a tag indicating if it is a mains/equal-pressure or low-pressure system. 

The Methven Black Airstream 3 Function Krome Shower System is rated for mains pressure only. This means that it is not compatible with the Feltonmix shower mixer that you have in your bathroom. However, I suggest having a look at the Felton Designer III Feltonmix, you can purchase the head only and there is no need to buy the entire assembly. I recommend going to your store's special orders desk if you wish to place an order for the shower head.

Installing the new showerhead is straightforward. Grab the neck of the old shower head and twist the head assembly anti-clockwise. Make sure not to turn the on and off paddle. Once you've removed the old head, grab the neck of the new shower head and screw the assembly in a clockwise direction. Make sure not to overtighten the neck and that it is facing in the right direction.

Here is a handy link to the Feltonmix collection: Feltonmix  

Please note that all the Feltonmix products have pressure ratings on them so make sure that the one that you choose is compatible with the pressure in your house. Any of the Feltonmix shower heads can be ordered at the special orders desk.  

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing your new shower head installed.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects