Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to stop ceiling fan cover dropping off?

haoc
Just Starting Out

How to stop ceiling fan cover dropping off?

Hi All first time posting here. 

The cover is loose, keeps dropping off, any idea how prevent it from dropping off?

Thanks in advance. 😀

image0.jpegimage1.jpeg

Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Ceiling Fan Exhaust Fan + Light combo cover loose

Hi  @haoc 

Do you see the roof plate  with the 4 plastic mounts?  I would carefully flex the outermost plastic flat bits outwards so the cover may clip  better failing that I see no harm in glueing it on to the same tabs.

Chances are the  heat bulbs  makes the plastic soft,

As the bulbs  should easy  unscrew from underneath.

Hope this helps

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to stop ceiling fan cover dropping off?

Hello @haoc 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your fan cover coming loose.

It's great that you've received excellent advice from @Jewelleryrescue. Just to add to the suggestions made, I recommend observing the hooks on the cover carefully and making sure they lock into place. It's true that the plastic clips holding the cover could be soft and are letting the cover go. 

To temporarily hold the cover in place, I suggest using Selleys Ezi Press 100g Wet Area Silicone Sealant on the clips and cover to join them temporarily. Use masking tape to keep the cover attached to the ceiling. Once the silicone has cured you can remove the masking tape and the cover will stay.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects