Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

I need some ideas to deal with this laundry cabinet issue

Kitkat28
Finding My Feet

I need some ideas to deal with this laundry cabinet issue

CD4D86FA-FCE4-4E5E-BAC2-E68EFBFB6BF5.jpegI am renovating my laundry on a budget and step by step as I can afford it. We hung a couple of wall cabinets today and I was planning on adding another wall cabinet above the taps however it will come out from the wall and cover some of the window frame as pictured. There will also be a gap between cabinet and wall/window. Does anyone have any suggestions. Much appreciated in advance. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: I need some ideas to deal with this laundry cabinet issue

Hello @Kitkat28,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you so much for joining us and sharing your question about laundry cabinets.

It is a common design issue with certain houses built in a particular era. There are a few options available to you.

If you are in need of maximum storage space, choosing the largest wall cabinet that will fit is one way to do it. The wall cabinet will block part of the window and will also limit the amount of light entering the laundry room. Another option is to leave a gap of 200mm from the edge of the frame of the window to the edge of the wall cabinet. This provides the person looking at the wall cabinets a visual cue that the space remaining is for the window. My only other recommendation is to use timber shelves, you can customize the length to your desire and still allows ambient light to pass through.

I've drawn you some samples of what it might look like. Let me tag @housetohome for a recommendation as they have recently finished their own laundry renovation.

Please keep us updated as we would love to see your laundry project once it's finished.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
housetohome
Building a Reputation

Thanks @EricL 

@Kitkat28would you mind just advising what the measurements are of the space we have to work with ? 

So the back wall to the side wall & the Side wall to the window

BUNNINGS (2).jpg

Thanks Hayley - housetohome 

Thank you so much for your ideas and suggestions they are much appreciated

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects