Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Ideas and planning for laundry renovation

ocp99
Growing in Experience

Ideas and planning for laundry renovation

Hello,

First timer here, I've been dreaming about doing a Laundry room makeover, and I am really inspired by the fellow members here who have done their laundry renovation.

I have a basic laundry, and have a general idea of what I want to achieve, but not sure about the size and scope of the work yet, and whether I will be able to tackle it. I am slowly creating a project plan and wanting to gather more ideas from the community.

My dream laundry room would have a benchtop and sink with base cabinet, and overhead cabinet and shelf. Possible tall cabinet for the mops etc, but this doesn't seem feasible for room this size.

Here's what it looks like currently:

laundry (2).jpeg

laundry (3).jpeg

from the other anglefrom the other angle

Room dimension:

L-shape: on the longest side L 2.67m x W 1,68m x H 2,41m

Capture.PNG

My main problem right now is the old laundry unit seems to have been placed on top of the (sub)floor without tiles while the rest of the area are tiled. I am torn on about just tiling the missing spot or replacing the whole tiles. Is floor tiling something that can be done for first-time DIYers with no past tiling experience? Or is there any alternative to this?

laundry unit with no tiles underneathlaundry unit with no tiles underneath

I've got more problems (sagging ceiling, out of plumb door), but if I don't start the reno, it won't be a problem until then.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Ideas and planning for laundry renovation

Hi @ocp99,

Hope you are staying safe and well.

Just wondering if you have made any progress with your plans? It was great to see so much quality input from our wonderful community. We are looking forward to seeing how you can transform your laundry space. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
ocp99
Growing in Experience

Re: Ideas and planning for laundry renovation

Hi @Jason 

No, not yet. I am a bit slow on the action, esp with lockdown in Melbourne. I think I would try the retiling. Hoping to be able to walk into local Bunnings and choose suitable tiles. So it may take a while before I start picking up the hammer.

Cheers

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects