Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Is a bathroom reno possible?

Cruisercarol
Just Starting Out

Is a bathroom reno possible?

I’m retired and getting older and need a safer bathroom/shower. My bathroom is stuck in the 60. It was built in 1966. It’s a fibro house. I need the old sunken Roman bath raise to floor level, modern paneling to walls and a decent sink and unit and retiled floor. Any help and advice greatly appreciated.

IMG_4391.jpegIMG_4390.jpegIMG_4389.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: is a Bathroom Reno possible

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Cruisercarol. It's splendid to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about bathroom renovation.

Your bathroom renovation is entirely possible. It sounds like you'd be looking at a full renovation rather than just a refresh. Were you planning on completing this renovation yourself or having tradespeople do it for you? If you are looking to do this work yourself, I'll be happy to link some suitable How To articles or if you were going with professionals, you might like to use a resource like HiPages to locate tradespeople in your area and get some quotes for the work.

I'd encourage you to read through this helpful guide on How to plan a bathroom renovation, as it will give you a good idea on where to start and what will be involved. 

Please let us know if you have any questions we can assist with.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects