Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Replace old laundry tub with one with drawers

Narelleh
Just Starting Out

Replace old laundry tub with one with drawers

i want to replace this old tub with a new one with drawers. 

can i do it my self (slightly handy) or do i need a plumber. the one i am looking at is the Everhard 45L Nugleam.

but is has a hole for the tap on the unit - my taps are wall mounted. and i need the washing machine pipe to drain into the sink as well. is this all doable? 

thanks 

the old one - not wall mounted tapsthe old one - not wall mounted taps

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: replace old laundry tub with one with drawers

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Narelleh. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

Replacing the tub would be a straight forward procedure for someone that is relatively handy. If you wish to install a sink mixer in the new tubs single hole, then you are now in the needing a plumber department. They will disconnect your existing taps and spout to plug them. You'll then be left with holes in your tiles and they'll likely need to be replaced.

Your tapware looks fairly up to date style-wise and I would be inclined to leave them there and just replace the tub. The hole in the tub can be covered with a Kinetic White Basin Cover Plate

The washing machine drain hose will need to be routed through the new cabinet and connected to the waste.

Please let me know if you need further information or had questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects