Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Roll-in shower using composite decking

Super_D
Becoming a Leader

Roll-in shower using composite decking

This year I had an accident and need some mods done to my shower so I could use a shower chair.
The budget was tight and needed it to made accessible quickly with out doing a lot of work.
The answer was composite decking. 

Just a simple job to take down the shower screen and make 2 panels that fitted into the recessed floor, to build it up to the same level so the shower chair could just wheel in.

The composite decking was screwed onto strips of aluminium with rubber feet.

Water just drains through the spaces in the panels and having the 2 panels helps with being able to clean underneath and using the composite decking works so well in this wet environment..

This probably not work with every instance, but I thought I would post this just encase it might help others to think outside of the box.

317495478_1516074268899223_1298887189655107010_n.jpg

317998402_2051783401695119_4648368246220797033_n.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Roll-in shower using composite decking

Hello @Super_D

I'm sorry to hear about your accident. Your solution is truly an impressive way to levelling out the flooring in your bathroom. It solves so many issues and the best part is that you can take it out and still keep the original form of your shower. Using an aluminium frame and composite decking is just inspired thinking as these materials can stand getting wet and can still carry your weight inside the shower. I'm sure our members who are in the same situation will find your solution inspirational.

Thank you so much for sharing such a clever project.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects