Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace washer spindles with ceramic disc spindles?

herbo
Just Starting Out

How to replace washer spindles with ceramic disc spindles?

Hi,

I am interested in changing the standard washer spindles in my shower with ceramic disc spindles.  Can I do this without changing the rest of the tap assembly such as the handles & flanges.

If I am able to do this, is there anything I should be looking out for.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

herbo

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: How to replace washer spindles with ceramic disc spindles?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, @herbo. It's fabulous to have you join us, and we trust our members will provide loads of helpful advice and project inspiration for your home and garden. 

Many thanks for your question about replacing ceramic disc spindles. Our resident D.I.Y. expert @EricL will be happy to assist you with this once he's back online later today.

Thank you for your patience in the meantime.

Akanksha 

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to replace washer spindles with ceramic disc spindles?

Hi @herbo,

You could potentially change just the spindles in your wall taps to ceramic disc. You'd need to take your current spindle with you to try and match it up in-store. Chances are that you'll find it challenging to locate a spindle that accepts your handle and flange. You'll also find the length of the spindle might cause your flange not to sit flush against the wall. However, buying a kit is a much more straightforward approach, including new flanges and tap handles. Even then, you can run into issues where you must extend the spindle, so the kit's flanges sit perfectly against the wall. I would advise installing a complete kit, as it would be a lot less hassle.

What was the reason for wanting to keep your handles and flanges? Was it to match the rest of the bathroom's fittings?

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects