Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Seeking bathroom layout advice and recommendations

Klutz28
Growing in Experience

Seeking bathroom layout advice and recommendations

Hi folks, looking for some advice please on layout for a bathroom renovation, where a bathtub is being removed and a toilet put into the existing bathroom, and where the existing toilet is, building a compact ensuite to the second bedroom around that, so turning one bathroom into two. Here are some photos and drawings of the current and proposed layout of the original bathroom which is 1630mm wide and 2570mm long. NB: I will be redoing the floors (with a family friend’s help) due to damage.

With the proposed layout, placement of the new toilet on the left is due to the window opening being on the right. Placement of the showerhead and screen is flexible, are they ok on the left, with a ceiling exhaust fan on the right? Basically does the placement work, or am I overlooking anything maybe plumbing-wise? The potential use of barn doors is to save space. Also looking for recommendations on type of shower, the frameless option I think helps make it feel more spacious and looks modern, but I don’t know how easy they are to install?

The standalone toilet is 820mm wide by 1650 long, and as an ensuite will be a space of 820mm by 2570mm. What kind of shower enclosure is best, and what is the largest vanity that would still work in the small space?

If someone could please help me with one of those 3D drawings, that would be excellent, anything would beat my hand-drawn efforts. shower.jpgfrom doorway.jpgfrom doorway 2.jpgtoilet.jpgCurrent bathroomCurrent bathroomProposed layoutProposed layoutProposed ensuiteProposed ensuite

I have been inspired by this post here:

https://www.workshop.bunnings.com.au/t5/Bathroom-and-Laundry/Bathroom-renovation-in-old-home-with-no...

and I’m in favour of the recommendation to use timber-look tiles in both bathrooms and quite open to suggestions in general. Thanks!

Klutz28
Growing in Experience

Re: Seeking bathroom layout advice and recommendations

Ah, i see now, thanks for the tip!

Keep us updated on your decisions @Klutz28, and please let us know if you have any additional questions as the build progresses. We're here to help.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Klutz28
Growing in Experience

Thanks @MitchellMc i've definitely found it helpful, the project gets less daunting with each piece of information gathered here, just trying to get some more ducks in a row right now, but will keep posting updates :smile:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects