Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Shower sliding door

MareeW
Just Starting Out

Shower sliding door

Hi can anyone tell me how to remove a shower sliding roller door. It has come off the roller and has jammed. We have tried everything to try and remove door to replace roller to removing whole frame to no avail. The shower is a three tiled wall with 3 sliding panels at front.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Shower sliding door

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @MareeW. It's fantastic to have you join us and look forward to reading about all your projects and plans. We are confident that you will get plenty of helpful information, advice and inspiration from our wonderful community members for all your home improvement projects, so please feel free to post anytime you need assistance or have something to share.

Can you please share a couple of photos of your shower door so that members can see what you are working with and be able to provide more specific and helpful advice? 

Can you also please tell us what you have tried so far to remove it?

Many thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Shower sliding door

Hi @MareeW,

I apologise for the delay in my reply.

Most roller doors require you to lift them up before pulling the bottom edge out of the track. If the door has come off the track by itself it could now be wedged in between the tracks. You'll need to carefully return it to the tracks before trying to remove it. This would normally involve sliding the door in the opposite direction to which it was travelling when it came off the rollers.

As @Jason mentioned some images of the situation would be helpful in providing some solutions.

Please let us know how you go.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects