Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Suggestions wanted for European laundry layout

Megsy
Finding My Feet

Suggestions wanted for European laundry layout

Hi Team Bunnings,

I’ve inherited a European laundry (with a few challenges) that I’m keen to renovate. The space is 2180 wide x 920 deep however the front opening is only 1330 which means there is not much room to open doors on each side. I want to maximize my storage. I have a front loader machine and a dryer that currently sits on top of the machine. I am having trouble deciding where to put the sink so that’s it’s accessible while also having access to the white goods. The ceiling height is 2400. Happy to have cupboards to the ceiling but need a tall space for ironing board, brooms etc. Any suggestions would be great. I’m keen and ready to do it but the design is holding me up.

Cheers

77F24878-794E-4E09-94A9-0B4A896BE2CE.jpeg9CEB3B19-8E8A-4993-A520-2FAB93EAAF69.jpegF9A2D82E-F89A-41E7-BAB5-7AA9E3D43CFE.jpeg7A0FE3AE-C144-4392-A08C-239DBCD28264.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: European laundry challenge!

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Megsy. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing your project.

You could place the washer and dryer in the middle of the doorway, but that will shift the sink off behind the wall. this might not be an issue if the sink only sees occasional use. If you use the sink regularly, you might like to offset the washer and dryer slightly to the left, which would be less optimal, but you'd be able to access the sink better. I've illustrated this in the third image.

For the brooms and ironing board, you might like to slip them next to the cabinetry or consider wall mounting them. You could have a cupboard for them, but the minimum is 450mm in width, which will use a significant portion of your bench space and, once again, makes the sink hard to access.

Please let me know what you think.

Mitchell

Laun1.pngLaun2.pngLaun3offset.png

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi @MitchellMc, thanks so much for the quick reply. And thanks for your drawings. I like the look of them but I think I need the tall cupboard in there. If I wall mounted the dryer above the washer in line with the overhead cupboards, so the bench would run under it, would that give me room for a 450 cupboard? So, the bench would end at the tall cupboard. Also wondering if standard cupboards would fill the space either side of the dryer. Hope that all makes sense. Cheers

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Megsy,

Wall mounting the dryer is certainly a possibility. Here are a couple of renderings with the space made available for it.

Mitchell

Launnew2.pngLaunnew1.png

Thanks @MitchellMc , that looks fab! My only concern now is I already have a laundry tub, so I need to measure to see how it fits and what size cabinet I need for it. Very happy with the layout. Can we take our discussion offline so that I can liaise with you about the components? Thanks

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Super excited that you're happy with the layout, @Megsy! Our team in-store will be able to sort out the laundry tub for you. If you save the render I've provided and take this price list into a store, a helpful in-store kitchen expert will be able to assist with the rest. They'll make any adjustments you need and put the order together for you.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects