Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Tile refresh in bathroom using Dulux Renovator range

KevinMall
Making a Splash

Tile refresh in bathroom using Dulux Renovator range

hi all,

I want to share a tip following my recent efforts with giving the bathroom tiles a makeover by repainting them using the Dulux Renovator range .

Preparation IS BORING BUT ESSENTIAL just like any other painting project 90 percent of the work is in surface preparation 

Cleaning and surface sanding is critical to ensure adhesion of paint to the tiles.

Yes scrubbing and sanding is boring but worth the effort.

Photo doesnt really do it just tbh.

16507699462973333493926337412290.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Tile refresh in bathroom

Love the tip, @KevinMall! Are you working on a bathroom refresh?

I can't agree more with your advice on preparation. I don't care if you're Leonardo da Vinci at painting; your finished result will only ever be as good as the preparation that went into it. If you don't prepare, then you should prepare to fail.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Mitchell

Apologies for my very delayed and late reply. Yes I have done a bathroom refresh, including removing old grout and regrouting the tiles before painting. Pictures now attached. This was finally finished (myself) about 5weeks ago.

IMG20221203164955.jpg

IMG_20221214_175128.jpg

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi @KevinMall,

You have done a fantastic job on your bathroom refresh! I like how you did a contrasting colour with the floor to give it a bit of pop. I also like the colour of the paint you chose for the wall above the tiles, what is the paint colour called? 

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Katie

I will have to check colour name for the wall. 

Thank you for your kind words too.

Artic grey is the colour above the tiles.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects