Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Laundry reno with new benchtop

Nicolarose
Growing in Experience

Laundry reno with new benchtop

Snapchat-2090517295.jpg

Tried my hand at updating my Laundry after seeing so many great posts on here.

It's gone from the worst room in the house to one of my favourites.

This is the before which wasn't great! 

20221028_101602.jpg

I switched off the water and disconnected the sink and then removed the old laundry tub.

20221028_103813.jpg

20221028_104049.jpg

I then after cleaning replaced this with a 600mm Kaboodle base cabinet with cut outs with a hole saw and jigsaw for the taps, drain pipe and washing machine taps and hose.

Next cut a pine FJ laminate panel from Bunnings to size for the benchtop - its quite a narrow space and I   didn't want the benchtop the whole way across so that I could fit the clothes rack in at the end. Added in the Kaboodle doors (modern white) and some cute door handles from Bunnings.

20221107_194313.jpg

Once I cut the hole for the sink I thought the pine colour was a bit too light and likely to get quite dirty so decided to stain this.

20221030_152705.jpg

I stained the benchtop with Cabot's water based Mahogony stain for a much darker richer colour and added two coats of clear varnish and then added this to the Kaboodle base cabinet and the tile behind the washing machine with 90 degree angle brackets before sealing the sink and benchtop with silicone.

20221107_194426.jpg

I then connected the sink, added a kickboard and then wall papered in a beautiful bright peach print and freshened up the paint on the door and window frame.

Some finishing touches with a bunnings lampshade, kmart laundry containers, towel  and big W towel holder and all done.

This is the end product ☺

Snapchat-2090517295.jpg

Snapchat-223042833.jpg

Snapchat-402854002.jpg

20221107_194433.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Laundry reno

Hello @Nicolarose

Thank you so much for sharing the pictures of your laundry makeover. That peach print is making me so hungry for peach right now. This is an excellent example of a moderate makeover that totally transforms the personality of the laundry room. Changing the utilitarian steel laundry tub for a proper cabinet gives it a big lift in terms of looks. Adding the timber top technically completes the makeover, but adding the wallpaper and accessories just pushes it to the next level. 

Again, thank you for sharing such a wonderful laundry makeover.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
RenoRach1
Making a Splash

Re: Laundry reno

So clean and fresh and organised. Gorgeous choice of stain for your benchtop and the cabinet handles take your laundry to that 'next level'. But the peach wallpaper really has to be the real star here! Congratulations.

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Re: Laundry reno with new benchtop

@Nicolarose 

:smile: Brilliant, I did the same type of deal with a bench and as you said it becomes one of the favoured rooms! Tho not to self when I cut out the hole for the sink, the circular saw has a kick to it I couldnt believe :surprised: 

Certainly brings up the room!

Dave

KevinMall
Making a Splash

Well done and congratulations.

KevinMall
Making a Splash

Nice work indeed and thank you for sharing this article, complete with photos.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects