Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Very small laundry reno ideas

danij
Getting Established

Very small laundry reno ideas

Hi All, we have a very small laundry that needs to be changed. At the moment its hard to even fit in it to do the laundry. The useable area is really only 1600mm x 1600mm as the internal and external doors take up one end. I was thinking the cupboard would come out for sure (to give dimensions above). current appliances are new and will be staying, top loader needs about 700mm wide, dryer is 600mm wide. Any layout ideas would be appreciated. its so hard to visualise how everything will fit! thanks!

IMG20200124154729.jpg

IMG20200124154629.jpg

IMG20200124154642.jpg

  

MitchellM
Amassing an Audience

Re: very small laundry reno ideas

@danij Welcome to the workshop community! Thanks for providing some pictures. 

I'll kick the conversation off by asking, in such a tight space would you consider wall mounting the dryer?

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

danij
Getting Established

Hi @MitchellM, I had been trying to avoid it as I am short and would need a step to reach, but Im thinking I will have to wall mount it as there just isnt enough room otherwise!

Moomarg
Getting Established

My laundry is 6ft x 6ft with the back door one end and we installed a concertina door the other also the toilet door is in there too. We relocated our tumble drier outside under the verandah ( it’s 4.1 metres deep ) by the back door. I want to put a bench top in mine with a smaller washing tub as we no longer have kids living at home. We’re both retired and in our early 70’s. Our laundry is next to the kitchen which we renovated in 2018 with a Kaboodle kitchen, it’s lovely so I want my laundry to look as nice as you have to walk through it entering and exiting the house. Will watch with interest as to what you do as I’m looking for ideas. 

Mitoski
Getting Established

IMG20190415201100.jpg

Hi all. 

This is my small laundry. Dryer is in the garage as clearly no room available.. if it were me. I would get rid of the cupboard gives you heaps more room also could you get a plumber to relocate the washing machine taps to the back wall. 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @danij,

Thanks for joining the discussion on Workshop. Great to see your first post has already sparked some discussion. I trust our ever-helpful members will continue to provide ideas and inspiration. Please feel free to post whenever you need a hand with anything around the house and garden.

Also, make sure you check out what the @MakeItYours team achieved with their recent laundry renovation. It should provide some inspiration. 

Welcome,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great use of space @Mitoski. Your laundry looks fantastic. Many thanks for sharing a photo. We're looking forward to seeing more of your house and reading about your projects and plans. 

Welcome to Workshop,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
danij
Getting Established

that looks great. yes the cupboard has to go! I was also thinking of relocating washing machine to the back wall. thanks for sharing your picture!

Kermit
Amassing an Audience

A front loading washing machine, a wall mounted dryer and a step ladder should be on your shopping list. Front loaders let you have a benchtop above them - a real space saver.

stewiesnr
Having an Impact

Re: Very small laundry reno ideas

hi @danij, we just had our laundry done, we got a smaller laundry tub 40cmW (from Bunnings) our washing machine is on a pedestal for easy access, but we dont have the dryer in there.  We have wall mounted cupboards above the tub and machine which gives us storage (starting at front of machine to rear wall. Maybe wall mount the dryer and put a small wall mounted cupboard above the tub.

As someone mentioned replace your laundry door with a concentina door (Bunnings) or replace with a sliding door., its amazing how much space you loose with a swing door. We don't use the tub on a regular basis so I have put a lid on it to sit the dirty laundry basket, (stops the socks from hiding) also the water fittings and power are inside the bottom of the laundry tub instead of the wall. On one wall I have a horizontal coat rack for hanging items (4  hooks).

have fun

Steve

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects