Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Extending a workbench

Wouldy
Making a Splash

Extending a workbench

I bought this old workbench for $30. I want to extend it and customise it to fit around my woodworking. I've never done something like it before so it's another new challenge. I'm.not going to rush through it though. I.wish I could just spend all my time in it instead of doing other life stuff but meh I cannot. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Extending a workbench

Hi @Wouldy,

That sounds like a great price for a workbench. If you'd like to upload some images of the bench and a sketch of how you would like to extend it, then I trust our helpful members will be able to provide some solutions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Extending a workbench

@MitchellMc 

Thank you. I have not yet drawn any plans for it. I'm a newbie on the woodworking scene. I like to teach myself things. I do not own a router and won't buy one just yet. I spent well over $200 fixing those chairs so I'm saving some pennies for now. I'd like to just use the tools I have. I'm not starting work on the bench just get. I'm having space from the workshop as I have things to do around the house. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects