Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

......AFTER!

RosieW
Having an Impact

......AFTER!

IMG_6447.jpg
RosieW
Having an Impact

Before.... (drumroll please)

IMG_6432.jpg
RosieW
Having an Impact

Re: ......AFTER!

Some Winter vegies in - Baby Broccoli, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Beetroot. Also planting Kale, Coloured Chard (Pretty Silverbeet), Spring Onions - now's the time. I stack two garden beds on top of each other and secure the corners with posts to get some height and although they're about 100cm high now, I still wanted to protect these babies from any dare-devil snails. I cut gutter-guard into about 20cm lengths, secure it in a circle with a chopstick or skewer and push into the ground to hold and put around the plants. I'll also add some mulch/straw around soon.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great work @RosieW, many thanks for sharing. Looking forward to seeing the fruits (and vegies) of your hard work.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
RosieW
Having an Impact

I'll post the new stuff soon!

Re: Before.... (drumroll please)

I have proved that some clay content in the potting mixture adds good water holding ability to the made soil.The plants and earth worms love it and all grow better.(plants & worms)

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Before.... (drumroll please)

Great tip @Bobbiejohnultz, many thanks for sharing.

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to Workshop. Looking forward seeing more of your posts soon.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects