Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

An attempt to Build a Japanese Bridge

r23on
Amassing an Audience

An attempt to Build a Japanese Bridge

bridge2.jpgbridge4.jpgI decided to have a go at building a bridge for the garden the problem was this project needed tooling I did not have. To swing the arc for the bridge I need some extra tooling, clampe big enough to hold the job,  a jig to mount it all on, brackets to fit the router and an arm long enough  to swing the router. I finished up with a swing arm 1.5m long to get the small arc and 1.8m for the large arc. Much fun. The weather has taken its toll and now needs a new coat of decking oil.

I have posted this bridge in its full splinder of autumn 

Johnno78
Getting Established

Re: An attempt to Build a Japanese Bridge

Looks like a great job weldone not everyone has the tools but things can still be done top jon and looks lovely in the garden
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing @r23on. Great work. 

Did you see the garden bridge that @Poppop made using fence palings?

https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Gallery/Garden-bridge-made-from-Bunnings-fence-palings/cns-p/19243

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

That bridge looks nice and solid. My bridges are more on the ornamental side of things.( Although the grandkids have been running back and forwards over mine for nearly two years now) To get the arch on mine i drew the arch by eye and cut it out with my faithful Ozito Jigsaw.
r23on
Amassing an Audience

Thanks Jason

I did see the bridge  when posted

r23on

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects