Workshop
Start a discussion

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Bandicoots

WCE2019
Former Community Member

Re: Bandicoots

We have a problem with bandicoots coming and eating all our cat's food,
so, she doesn't get any, she is an outdoor cat and HATES going inside.
what do recommend?
We live in WA, roleystone....
semi rural
Thanks
MartyH
Valued Contributor

I'd install some lights @WCE2019. Put a motion sensor on them.  

WCE2019
Former Community Member

Thanks @MartyH 

Would that scare it off?

it is REALY tame,

like i can get to within 5cm of it without is moving!!

I live in Hobart and have laid Dynamic Lifter around my fence line.  They dig through it and, Oi suspect, eat it.

My garden is also full of solar lights - about 80 of them.  Some turn on when there is action.  Others go through the night.  The bandicoots are not deterred one bit.  Brazen as pie.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hopefully members will have some other suggestions for you @lindisfarnelad.

Welcome to Workshop. We're really pleased to have you join us and look forward to reading all about your projects around the house and garden. Feel free to post whenever you need a hand or have something to share. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
tairbair

That’s easy! Put your cats’ food on a large box or a low table and let your cat eat it where the bandicoots can’t reach it. Cat food or biscuits aren’t really very good for bandicoots, although they don’t know it, and will eat it if they can :smile: Seeing as this is an old conversation and I’ve just seen it, I hope it’s still valid. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @tairbair

It's great to have you join us. I'm sure @Flo54 appreciates your input and no doubt others with a similar issue will find your comment helpful. We look forward to hearing about the projects around your house and garden and encourage you to let us know if you ever need assistance or have something to share with the community. There are loads of helpful and creative members sharing their projects and advice here regularly and I trust you'll have plenty to contribute also.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects