Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Best tomato varieties to grow?

Rob3
Just Starting Out

Best tomato varieties to grow?

What do you reckon are the best variety of tomato to grow in home garden?  Ideally the ones that do well with lower maintenance. I have found the cherry tomato do well but what about larger varieties? 

Cheers

Rob

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Best tomato varieties to grow?

Hi @Rob3,

Welcome to Workshop. 

Where are you based? And what kind of tomatoes do you most like to eat?

I'm sure our ever-helpful community members will be more than happy to assist. You might also find plenty of helpful information in this previous discussion - Tomatoes - so much choice

Many thanks for joining in the discussion. We are looking forward to seeing what you can grow in your garden. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Grub80
Making a Splash

Hi @Rob3 . The sky’s the limit with the available tomatoes these days. What I have learned is that primarily there are two types of tomatoes- indeterminates (vine style which need staking,  and determinate, which are the bush style of tomatoes. Usually, Roma style of toms are bush. Grow them in a cage style for some support, and let them go. Most vine style tomatoes, will need a lot of support and training. But some people just let them grow on the ground. It’s all up to you. I say, like many others, grow what you like eating. There’s nothing like the taste of home grown tomatoes. Good luck with your growing 👍

Isobel
Amassing an Audience

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects