Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Cement Terrazzo water feature: how to get back to looking good again?

Jonlyn
Just Starting Out

Cement Terrazzo water feature: how to get back to looking good again?

I have I believe a Cement Terrazzo water feature not 100% sure.  I would like to get back somewhere near new again.  What do I need to do?  Or do you know a contact of someone who could do the job?

Thankswater feature 1.jpgwater feature 2.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Cement Terrazzo water feature how to get back to looking good again

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Jonlyn. It's brilliant that you've joined us, and many thanks for your question about restoring your water feature.

I just wanted to check that this isn't a very convincing stone-look fibreglass water feature. Can you move it reasonably easily? If it's stone, I'd expect you not to be able to budge it at all.

If it is stone, you might like to try the mildest approach first, which would be a general cleaner like Hillmark 375ml Stone Kleen And Protect Marble Granite Cleaner. If this doesn't remove the watermarks (I suspect it won't), you'll need to cut and polish them out. You can use a mild automotive cut & polish, or I'm tempted to recommend the Bellessi Polish Kit. This kit is for acrylic and not stone, so I'm hesitant to recommend it. However, if it was my project, I'd be going this route. I'm not sure if you'd use the sandpaper included as it's likely too coarse, but the included polish should be of a suitable grade. Regardless, the kit would be handy as you can use it on your drill with the automotive cut & polish if you need to go that route.

Let me mention @TedBear to see if he has any thoughts.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi @Jonlyn   I am informed that either

a paste of baking soda and water can be used (wiped gently with a soft cloth) or
CLR Pro Bath &  Kitchen Cleaner is safe*  on granite....

***  but NOT the regular CLR for removing calcium Lime and Rust *** .

(I am relaying the above from another source... I haven't personally tried either.)

Hi, 

Thanks for the information, I definitely can’t move the water feature not even a mm or rock the top so that is why I’m thinking it is terrazzo cement??

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

It sounds like it, @Jonlyn.

I've also heard of using baking soda and water to make a paste, as @TedBear suggested. The cleaning for this feature will be similar to those methods used on a terrazzo benchtop.

Keep us updated, and please let us know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects