Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

DIY - Kids first Vegie Garden

Tara86
Amassing an Audience

DIY - Kids first Vegie Garden

Originally made early this year for my partner, but he kept changing his mind on what to plant. Thanks to the recent woolies garden promo, my kids ended up with heaps of veggie/herb seeds. We decided to utilise the box and plant a mixture of veggies for the kid to help grow. They love being in the garden. Within 2 weeks we have all 8 sprouting (was surprised as not sure how they would go). 

I was lucky to use leftover materials to complete this project: different size pallet wood, plastic weed mat, exterior wood stain and small plastic tubing for drainage. Was able to grab a couple coffee filters off a friend which I used over the tubes to prevent the soil from blocking the drains. So far worked really well but will see how it holds up. 
Height: 50cm (10cm off the ground) Length: 1.8m Depth: 35cm 

Galvanised countersink timber screws and attached the mat with a HD staple gun.

FCFB3318-2804-4DE3-9DA6-03522DCCAFD4.jpeg9FA176FC-249A-4F62-A20C-6C1936E67CF0.jpeg32F13D84-9618-42EA-AEC7-28D5E08AA0C9.jpeg28DA1DD2-34D6-40BC-8403-DE9F62261DA7.png

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: DIY - Kids first Vegie Garden

Overdue thanks for sharing this @Tara86. Great work as always. I am looking forward to seeing the harvest soon (like your kids, I'm sure!)

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MikeM84
Building a Reputation

looks great, always great to get the kids involved in gardening, as less and less in the new generation going for healthier growing veg and fruits.

mich1972
Kind of a Big Deal

How are your edibles going ? @Tara86  😊🌿

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects